Our book of the week is the amazing debut novel by Cassandra Rose Clarke entitled The Mad Scientist's Daughter. By all means a lovely book, The Mad Scientist's Daughter is one of those touching books that you are unlikely to forget anytime soon.
Here's the synopsis:
“Cat, this is Finn. He’s going to be your tutor.”
Finn looks and acts human, though he has no desire to be. He was programmed to assist his owners, and performs his duties to perfection. A billion-dollar construct, his primary task now is to tutor Cat. As she grows into a beautiful young woman, Finn is her guardian, her constant companion… and more.
But when the government grants rights to the ever-increasing robot population, however, Finn struggles to find his place in the world.
Latest from Upcoming4me
- The story behind The Jefferson Winter Series by James Carol
- REVIEW : The Man in a Hurry by Paul Morand
- REVIEW : Reading the World Confessions of a Literary Explorer by Ann Morgan
- REVIEW : Queen of the Dark Things by C. Robert Cargill
- Story behind Queen of the Dark Things - Q&A with C. Robert Cargill