The Peripheral by William Gibson be published on October 28, 2014 by Putnam Adult.
Where Flynne and her brother, Burton, live, jobs outside the drug business are rare. Fortunately, Burton has his veteran’s benefits, for neural damage he suffered from implants during his time in the USMC’s elite Haptic Recon force. Then one night Burton has to go out, but there’s a job he’s supposed to do—a job Flynne didn’t know he had. Beta-testing part of a new game, he tells her. The job seems to be simple: work a perimeter around the image of a tower building. Little buglike things turn up. He’s supposed to get in their way, edge them back. That’s all there is to it. He’s offering Flynne a good price to take over for him. What she sees, though, isn’t what Burton told her to expect. It might be a game, but it might also be murder.
Order your copy here:
- MACMILLAN CHILDREN'S BOOKS AND RALPH LAUNCH #FINDYOURFEAR AN INTERACTIVE FORTUNE TELLER USING INSTAGRAM VIDEO
- Time of Death by Mark Billingham cover art and synopsis
- Second Life by S.J. Watson cover art and synopsis
- The Chortle Comedy Book Festival is almost upon us
- Some Here Among Us by Peter Walker cover art and synopsis