We are very happy to showcase cover art and synopsis for Wakening the Crow by Stephen Gregory. The book will be available on November 6, 2014.
Oliver Gooch comes across a tooth, in a velvet box, with a handwritten note from 1888 to say it's a tooth from the boy Edgar Allan Poe. He displays it in his new bookshop, and names the store Poe's Tooth Books. Oliver took the money from his small daughter Chloe's accident insurance and bought a converted church to live in with his altered child and wife. Rosie hopes Chloe will came back to herself but Oliver is secretly relieved to have this new easy-to-manage child, and holds at bay the guilt that the accident was a result of his negligence. On a freezing night he and Chloe come across the crow, a raggedy skeletal wretch of a bird, and it refuses to leave. It infiltrates their lives, it alters Oliver's relationship with Rosie, it changes Chloe. It's a dangerous presence in the firelit, shadowy old vestry, in Poe's Tooth Books. Inexorably the family, the tooth, the crow, the church and their story will draw to a terrifying climax.
- MACMILLAN CHILDREN'S BOOKS AND RALPH LAUNCH #FINDYOURFEAR AN INTERACTIVE FORTUNE TELLER USING INSTAGRAM VIDEO
- The story behind World of Fire by James Lovegrove
- Time of Death by Mark Billingham cover art and synopsis
- Second Life by S.J. Watson cover art and synopsis
- The Chortle Comedy Book Festival is almost upon us
Latest from Upcoming4me
- The story behind The Jefferson Winter Series by James Carol
- REVIEW : The Man in a Hurry by Paul Morand
- REVIEW : Reading the World Confessions of a Literary Explorer by Ann Morgan
- REVIEW : Queen of the Dark Things by C. Robert Cargill
- Story behind Queen of the Dark Things - Q&A with C. Robert Cargill